- Band 6
- Full Time 37.5 hours per week
- West Herts - General Staffing
- Watford Hospital
- £31,921- £39,029 pa inc HCA
- 27/05/2019 23:59
Provide the very best care, for every Patient, every day…..
Position: Band 6 Senior Theatre Practitioner – Vascular/Upper and lower GI - Watford Hospital
West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust provides acute healthcare services to a population of approximately half a million people living in West Hertfordshire and the surrounding areas. As an employer of over 4000 people we are one of the biggest employers in the area and see around one million patients each year. Every day in our hospitals, staff go to extraordinary lengths to provide exceptional care and support for our patients, as well as their families and friends.
The post holder will be responsible as the Band 6 team leader in theatre with the surgical patient undergoing vascular and upper and lower GI surgery. The area of specialism will be within the circulating and scrub role.
The role will require leadership and motivation of the multi disciplinary team.
Opportunities in theatres
- CPD opportunities including post registration anaesthetic and paediatric courses
- Excellent team working in a multi professional environment
- Mentorship opportunities supporting the diverse professions working in the operating department
- Supported induction and preceptorship programmes with skills and competency packages relevant to the specialist area of surgical practice.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Hazel Mercado- Theatres Ext: 7122
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01923 217430