- Band 5
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- West Herts - General Staffing
- Watford Hospital
- £25,424 - £31,617 pa inc HCA
- 28/05/2019 23:59
Band 5 - Clinical Pharmacy Technician, Technician Higher Level, Medicine and Care of Elderly
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to join our team of Medicine/CoE Clinical Pharmacy Technicians
The successful candidate will be required:
- To liaise closely with appropriate clinical pharmacists with respect to the pharmaceutical care service provided to individual patients.
- To work with clinical pharmacists to ensure discharge medication is planned for and is available as necessary.
- To support patient discharge at ward level through dispensing TTAs using the workstation on wheels.
- To identify those patients who require medication counselling and undertake that practice within agreed protocol.
- To obtain accurate patient drug histories in accordance with departmental standard operating procedures
- To participate in clinical audit
The Pharmacy department within West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust is located on three sites and has over 100 staff, with the main Pharmacy department based at Watford General Hospital.
The department provides a stimulating, friendly and professionally rewarding environment for staff to develop their expertise.
We provide opportunities for education and training and support continuing professional development
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
The postholder will have regular contact with vulnerable people and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Lakshmi Khetani, Pharmacy Team Lead, Medicine or Sital Sanghvi, Lead Clinical Pharmacist 01923 436233.