Band 8a - Clinical Night Sister - Medicine
- Band 8A
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- West Herts - General Staffing
- Head of Nursing - Medicine
- £47,544 - £53,459 pa inc HCA
- 20/04/2021 23:59
There has never been a more exciting time to join West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust!
Major redevelopment works are due for completion by 2025 or soon after. These will be most dramatic at Watford General Hospital where up to 90% of buildings will be new.
There are also plans for a digital transformation, new models of care and a multi-storey car park. As well as this, the trust – which won the UK Best Employer Award (Nursing Times 2019) – is applying for teaching hospital status in recognition of its wide and well-renowned role in educating doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the division of Medicine for a team of Clinical Night sisters to work with the night site co-ordinator, covering all divisions in the Trust.
The Night Sister will be a highly visible, accessible, and authoritative presence in the clinical areas to which patients, their families/carers and others can turn for leadership, assistance, advice and support.
Main duties of the job
The night sister role will focus on: working with the clinical team to help and support our staff at night to ensure the highest quality of care is provided to all of our patients
They will ensure our patients are cared for with respect and that their dignity is maintained.
Collaborating with colleagues and a range of multi-professionals, assure the holistic care of our patients.
Providing support, education and emotional care to both staff and relatives.
Providing supervision and structured support to more junior members of staff within the multi-disciplinary team. Contributing to nursing services in a professional and caring manner
Working for our organisation
There has never been a more exciting time to join West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust! Major redevelopment works are due for completion by 2025 or soon after. These will be most dramatic at Watford General Hospital where up to 90% of buildings will be new.
There are also plans for a digital transformation, new models of care and a multi-storey car park. As well as this, the trust which won the UK Best Employer Award (Nursing Times 2019) is applying for teaching hospital status in recognition of its wide and well-renowned role in educating doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals
We encourage and welcome people with disabilities, if you need help please ask.
We reserve the right to close this advert early due to the volume of applicants. Please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
If you do not hear back within 3 weeks of your application please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
The night sister role will focus on:
- Inclusive leadership, professional standards and accountability.
- Governance, patient safety and quality.
- Workforce planning and resource management.
- Patient experience and reducing health inequalities.
- Performance and operational oversight.
- Digital and information technology.
- Education, training and development.
- Research and development.
- Collaborative working and clinical effectiveness.
- Service improvement and transformation.
- Safe Staffing
- Complaints/Incidents via twitter and verbal – dealt with in a timely manner.
- Relatives and Patients have access to the senior nurse
- Positive interface with the bed management team and on call manager
- Face to face presence at the bed meeting
- Improved professional support and safety.
- Consistency across the Trust in providing senior nursing support on site physically at Watford but outreaching to the two other sites SACH and HHGH out of core hours.
Your application will be shortlisted against the person specification
- Please see attached job description
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Karen Bowler
- Job title
- Deputy Head of Nursing - Medicine
- Email address
- Telephone number