Band 8a- Theatres Workstream Lead- EPR Programme
- EPR Programme
- Band 8a
- Fixed term: 8 months (Until January 2022.)
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- West Herts - General Staffing
- Watford General Hospital
- Watford General Hospital
- £47,544 - £53,459 pa inc HCA
- 15/04/2021 23:59
There has never been a more exciting time to join West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust!
Major redevelopment works are due for completion by 2025 or soon after. These will be most dramatic at Watford General Hospital where up to 90% of buildings will be new.
There are also plans for a digital transformation, new models of care and a multi-storey car park. As well as this, the trust – which won the UK Best Employer Award (Nursing Times 2019) – is applying for teaching hospital status in recognition of its wide and well-renowned role in educating doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals.
We are looking for a Theatres workstream lead to support the next digital transformation programme. This programme will rebuild our PAS and other ICT systems in the new EPR domain and create an updated digital patient record solution. This will also create one single system for ordering tests and procedures for patients across all sites. This will transform the way West Herts cares for patients and help deliver efficiencies in the operation of the hospital.
The role is fixed term as only required for the life of the project. This is expected to be until January 2022.
Main duties of the job
The workstream lead will work within the EPR Programme team and will lead a specific workstream including specifications, implementations, benefits realisation and business change. This role will be working closely with the operations team in developing the workstream. In particular you should have experience of working with digital solutions, though specific training on our system will be provided.
Please see attached job description for more information. If you believe you meet the criteria of the person specification and would like to join the programme at this time, we would be interested in receiving your application.
Working for our organisation
There has never been a more exciting time to join West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust! Major redevelopment works are due for completion by 2025 or soon after. These will be most dramatic at Watford General Hospital where up to 90% of buildings will be new.
There are also plans for a digital transformation, new models of care and a multi-storey car park. As well as this, the trust – which won the UK Best Employer Award (Nursing Times 2019) – is applying for teaching hospital status in recognition of its wide and well-renowned role in educating doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals.
We encourage and welcome people with disabilities if you need help please ask.
We reserve the right to close this advert early due to the volume of applicants. Please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
If you do not hear back within 3 weeks of your application, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
The workstream lead would primarily be responsible for:
- Management of workstream and workstream resources.
- Develop project opening and project implementation documentation for their workstream, including financial and communication aspects of the project workstream.
- Develop and manage strategic workstream plans as part if the wider programme plans, actively managing all associated responsibilities.
- Production of weekly workstream status reports to the Programme manager and project board.
- Ensure the identification of project risks, issues, dependencies and assumptions.
- Ensure the escalation and resolution of project risks and issues.
- Ensure allocated workstreams remain on-time and on-budget.
- Ensure project benefits are defined, monitored and realised.
- Ensure weekly meetings are booked in advance for the entire project.
- Ensure the workstream resource matrix is relevant and updated weekly.
- Communication of progress to the EPR Programme manager, IM&T senior management and Executive Team (where appropriate
- Establish and manage the co-ordination of specified workstream meetings.
- Lead and manage effective change and communication of workstreams throughout the Trust.
- The workstream lead has the authority to run the workstream on a day-to-day basis on behalf of and within the constraints laid down by the programme board.
Overall Score Based on P/Spec
- Please score each application against the personal specification - marking them as 0=Reject, 1=Reserve or 2=Shortlist
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Sam Nash
- Job title
- EPR Programme Manager
- Email address